Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Buffalo, NY
The Chief Compliance Officer creates and facilitates the development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of the Hanna Family of Mortgage Companies (HFMC) platform-wide Compliance Management Program (CMP). Responsible for all facets of the program to ensure full compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Will be actively engaged and readily available to work with Executive Management, Senior Leadership and departmental management to address compliance matters. Manages compliance staff inclusive of platform company liaisons.
Responsible for managing the identification and assessment of risks and the execution of procedures to evaluate each of the platform companies’ compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards.
Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of existing programs, processes, and control within departmental operations then to propose and implement solutions.
Responsible for the overall management of the HFMC platform compliance management system.
Responsible for developing, strengthening, and implementing the CMP in concert with existing laws and regulations, including governance, policies and procedures, monitoring, reporting, communications, and education. This work in to be done in conjunction with the companies’ compliance outsource vendor.
- Assists in the development of strategy, goals and execution of the identified overall HFMC platform
- Analyzes data by numerous delivery channels, geographic area, product types, facility, and even employee or officer to identify risks and develop and recommend scope or target for the review, corrective action/or performance gap closure. Develops and executes strategies for closing gaps in performance.
- Acts the designated AML Compliance Officer
- Communicates significant issues to senior and or executive
- Participates in the analysis of lending policies and procedures, including strategic priorities, market share data, lending trends, external influences, current regulatory focuses, and previous examination findings to have clear understanding of the business model and risks associated with the same
- Serves on various working groups to address compliance related
- Identifies opportunities, establishes action plans, and drives solutions to continuously improve the companies’ overall compliance program with an intention of increased efficiency and efficacy.
- Primary oversight responsibility to manage third party service provider vendor program & oversees all regulatory, investor and vendor required reporting for on time delivery
- Oversees Compliance Testing
- Oversees QC Function
- Responsible for HMDA reporting
- Oversees State Licensing of respective HFMC platform companies
- Oversees all regulatory examinations and financial audit submissions
- Liaisons with regulators as
- Maintains specific awareness of regulatory and legislative developments, and industry
- Builds industry relations through industry
- Works with Leadership to set strategic direction for department and executes on those goals and objectives.
- Participates and/or leads regular meetings with peers to build and maintain knowledge of current and emerging issues and risk in the environment
- Partners with the Training Department to develop awareness, training, and required continuing education programs as it relates to specific laws and regulations.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and assessment to ensure optimum team and individual performance in support of department and mortgage company goals.
- Regular travel is expected; reliable transportation
- Assumes additional responsibilities and leads special projects as
- Manages staffing to ensure optimal performance in meeting organization agreed objectives.
- Involved with the recruiting, hiring, mentoring for peak performance of those oversee
Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Federal and state specific mortgage compliance background; examples include PA, OH, NY, MI, NC, IN
Demonstrates strong proficiency sufficient to apply the use of software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, NMLS) Able to understand and conceptualize basic statistical analysis and theories. Solid experience in manipulating (validating, correcting, reformatting, and transforming) data into more than one format, (e.g. spreadsheets, databases, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills required to gather, assesses and present quantitative and qualitative data. Able to develop and support conclusions and make practical Ability to develop and implement controlled, systematic step-by-step processes based on guidance
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and in a team to plan and accomplish a project or elements of a project (complexity of project scope to depend on seniority), identifying responsibilities, tasks, deadlines and pursuing their timely completion.
- Ability to work with a team, to identify and solve problems or resolve issues, including members from other various departments and or platform companies.
- Strong understanding of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and state regulatory agencies examination standards and general regulatory issuances.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Effectively communicates all stakeholder internally and externally. Displays a positive business presence with management and external contacts.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and apply logical and critical thought processes when developing and recommending solutions.
- Possesses ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires the management of multiple and competing priorities.
- Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisory management within the company, the HFMC Platform and shared services such as Information Technology support.
- Embrace our Vision – Practice Daily
- Living the Values – individually and as a leader All are expected to operate consistently with “in bounds” behavior – encourage a learning culture.
- To understand and promote with each team member the culture and methodology of Delivering the Home Loan Experience™, each team member and stakeholder to understand and practice their role in DTHLE on consistent basis.
- HPA’s to be identified within 60 days of
As a member of the Senior Management Team you must demonstrate professional behavior, function as part of team, be punctual, dependable, promptly return calls, adhere to company policies /procedures and perform each day at peak performance level.
To apply please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanna Holdings, Inc. affiliates and assigns are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status or disability. The Company abides by all local, state and federal laws and regulations affecting the hiring of employees.