Location: Buffalo, NY
1st Priority Mortgage, an affiliate of Howard Hanna Holdings, is a special place because of our people. We believe employees who are valued, recognized, rewarded and empowered will achieve personal and professional goals. We hire the best people in the business and are always looking for professionals who will uphold our core values of quality, integrity and community. We are currently looking for an Underwriter in our Buffalo, NY office.
- Effectively communicate with Mortgage Consultants, Processors, Closers, Compliance and Management.
- Ability to underwrite Conventional, FHA, VA, & USDA files to comply with Agency, Investor, & 1st Priority Mortgage’s internal guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Meet all required deadlines on the loans in the pipeline.
- Maintain daily workflow prioritization and work loans accordingly.
- Demonstrate leadership skills as a team player by providing superior customer service, being flexible and approachable.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of agency guidelines, as well as policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to review and calculate all income types, including complicated tax returns. *Demonstrate ability to review and analyze borrower’s income stability, assets, appraisal, credit report and all other documentation as required.
- Insure quality is uncompromised and that all documentation provided is thoroughly analyzed and meets guidelines.
- Identify red flags within files and ensure each red flag is addressed prior to approval/closing.
- Maintain minimum file requirements as well as condition turn-times as set forth by management.
- Maintain communication with Processors & Mortgage Consultants to ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and state lending regulations.
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- 3+ years Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Must be well versed in Conventional Underwriting
- Familiar with Freddie, Fannie, FHA, VA, USDA, SONMYA and Rehab programs preferred.
- Experience with Underwriting to multiple lender guidelines
- FHA DE and VA SAR a plus
To apply please send resumes to BethSchumacher@1stprioritymortgage.com
Hanna Holdings, Inc. affiliates and assigns are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status or disability. The Company abides by all local, state and federal laws and regulations affecting the hiring of employees.