Location: Pittsburgh, PA
SUMMARY OF JOB: Howard Hanna Real Estate Services is looking for an energetic, highly organized and creative Event Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Events, the specialist will be responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of all company physical and virtual events, as well as gift giving. These events range in size and scope from small gatherings to Howard Hanna’s bi-annual convention. You will utilize your expertise to provide support to the entire Event Department for the overall success of all projects and events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with company executives to evaluate appropriate qualifications for various events throughout the year.
- Work with sales managers in every region to create and manage detailed event and trip qualifier files
- Work with graphic designers to create and distribute event invitations, emails, and other promotional materials needed for each event or incentive trip
- Maintain event response folders and update event manager on attendance counts
- Contribute to creative problem-solving meetings
- Do research including venue searches, price comparisons, and gift options to determine the appropriate needs for each event or project
- Develop and organize address lists for mass marketing/event material mailings
- Maintain and update office databases as needed
- Manage the company merchandise store with duties including but not limited to purchase orders, invoices, internal office orders, and company communication regarding sales and new items
- Participate in Corporate Office Children’s Free Care Fund Campaign efforts
- Prepare, package and distribute gifts and prizes for events and contests
- Manage gift database for the recipients and home addresses
- Act as suite administrator for professional sports stadium luxury suites. Handle all food & beverages needs and work with accounting to settle invoices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event planning required.
- Experience in customer service or other people-oriented fields desired.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Outstanding communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher
- Experience with Adobe products would be a plus (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficient knowledge of Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Position will require occasional evening or weekend work for events in the Pittsburgh area and light travel for events outside the area.
- Potential candidate should be willing to follow a flexible schedule.
- Candidate must have reliable personal transportation and be able to drive to events as needed.
- Position can be physically demanding and will require the candidate to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
To apply please email resumes to: email@example.com