Human Resources Assistant
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Howard Hanna is actively searching for an HR Assistant to help support the Payroll Department as well as assisting various functions within the Human Resources and Benefits Department as needed. This is an exciting opportunity for someone starting out in Payroll or HR. This position is full-time M- F, eventually moving to a hybrid schedule; we offer competitive benefits, 401k, paid holidays and paid time off.
Description of duties and responsibilities:
- Collect non-exempt timecards weekly and follow up on weekly time card discrepancies with managers
- Process semi-monthly payrolls approximately for 300 – 350 employees
- Upload and manage payroll processing reports to the department shared drive
- Handle all 401k funding working with accounting and payroll
- Run and analyze reports for payroll such as overtime reports as well as general reports for benefits and HR (monthly, semi-monthly, quarterly reports)
- Handle employment verification requests for past and current employees
- Assist with special projects for the Human Resources Department
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Strong organizational, time management skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solving capabilities must be strong.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Good judgment and tactful customer service skills are required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word / Excel is necessary
- Ability to secure, safeguard and maintain confidentiality of employee information.
- Ability to work under direction and supervision of others.
- ADP experience is a plus but not required
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, human resources or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred working on an HR or Payroll team.
To apply please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanna Holdings, Inc. affiliates and assigns are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status or disability. The Company abides by all local, state and federal laws and regulations affecting the hiring of employees.